This is a car that I should’ve remastered long ago, but alas, here it is. The RX7FC. An engineering masterpiece that proved the competence of the infamous Wankel/Rotary/Dorito engine. Powered by Mazda’s iconic 13B rotary engine, it produces a respectable 176hp and allows this one-of-a-kind sports machine to attain a top speed of a surprising (although pleasant) 230km/h. This, with the addition of the FC’s comfortable driving, popup headlights and the eargasmic engine sounds of the Rotary engine makes the FC a sportscar adored and desired by many. On top of all that, all of this goodness is presented/fitted into a sleek 80’s retro body design.
• Car History
“The second generation of the RX-7 (“FC”, VIN begins JM1FC3 or JMZFC1), still known as the Mazda Savanna RX-7 in Japan, featured a complete restyling much like similar sports cars of the era such as the Nissan 300ZX. Mazda’s development team, led by Chief Project Engineer Akio Uchiyama (内山 昭朗), chose to focus on the American market when designing the FC, where the majority of first-generation of the RX-7 models had been sold. The team drew inspiration from successful sports cars that were popular at the time, such as studying the suspension design of Porsche 928.” – Wikipedia
• Car details, colors and previews
– Has high speed, 2 seats, advanced animations (explained below) and advanced sounds (also explained below).
– Has the following functions:
- Openable/closeable doors and popup headlights – Refer instructions below
- Acceleration – Car speed increases over time
- Immersive sound effects – Refer list below
- Dynamic hitboxes – Deals damage to entities that are ran over at a certain speed. Now also deals damage to other players! (5/5/22)
- Car explosion – Car explodes when destroyed
- Advanced animations – Working gauges, wheels and steering wheel
- Realistic car movements – Car tilts upwards/downwards when moving upwards/downwards.
Special thanks to redHoodie and RandomKerbal for allowing me to study the code for the Dynamic Hitboxes and Realistic Car Movements function. Highly recommend checking out their work as they make amazing vehicles and addons both from a functionality and design standpoint. (Links to their socials and MCPEDL page are listed below in this article).
– Has 2 variants, consisting of 3 color options, 2 special specs. (Colors and images can be previewed below).
Ryosuke Takahashi’s FC (Spec. I)
Ryosuke Takahashi’s FC (Spec. III)
Our channel in Telegram
How to install ’85 Mazda RX7FC Add-on
- Installing the ’85 Mazda RX7FC (.mcpack):
- Download the mod files marked .mpack from the links below.
- Just open the files and the game will automatically install everything you need.
- Launch Minecraft and go to edit the world.
- Select Texture Sets.
- Find the texture pack and activate it.
- Select Presets.
- Find the extension and activate it.
- The mod is installed, enjoy the game!
- Latest version: v3 Compatibility: Android / IOS / Windows 10 / Xbox One